Geronimo Adventure Park
BREAK AWAY FROM BORING, INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, BE YOU!
The guide’s role is to ensure that every guest has an amazing and memorable experience. Guides are responsible for providing safety and instructional information regarding the various activities at the park and assisting guests as they go through their own personal adventure! This is a great entry level job in the outdoor adventure industry that includes training and provides experience that climbers and outdoor sports enthusiasts can appreciate, especially those who enjoy providing memorable experiences to others as they step outside their comfort zone.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Navigate, traverse, ascend, and descend all course elements, structures and ziplines
- Conduct course inspections and report/record results
- General maintenance of all course elements, structures, and ziplines
- Put harnesses, helmets, and other gear on guests and inspect for proper fit
- Supervise use of the rock wall, ninja course, and other park activities
- Teach guests how to use equipment and traverse courses
- Guide, encourage, and reassure guests throughout courses
- Provide physical assistance (rescues) at height
- Send/receive guests on our 42’ simulated free fall experience and 555’ dual-zip ziplines
- Write reports and complete forms
- Provide first aid
- When not engaged with guests, will participate in general maintenance projects, including landscaping, creating new elements, painting, etc.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Training is provided and includes skills that compliment recreational climbers, outdoor enthusiasts, and career-minded individuals. This includes:
- Knots, hitches, coils, and rope management skills
- Working at height equipment (e.g., technical gear, carabiners, haul systems, etc.)
- Safety and risk management
- Facilitating experiences in challenging environments
- Rescues at height
- Teambuilding (corporate and private events)
- First Aid / CPR certification
- Instructing and coaching
Qualities we are looking for:
- An adventurous spirit and a passion for the outdoors
- A great attitude and spectacular work ethic
- Perseverance and mental fortitude
- High attention to detail, even when under stress
- Personal satisfaction providing others unforgettable experiences
- Professional and punctual, able to work under own initiative without continuous direct supervision
- Reliable method of transportation to work
- Personable, welcoming, compassionate, high energy, and fun!
Nice to have (not required) experience includes:
- Any outdoor adventure sports, including climbing, hiking, camping, etc.
- Zip-lining, recreational climbing, or working at heights
- Customer service
- Public speaking/performances or instruction/training
- Working for a small business
- Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) standards application
- Carpentry and maintenance (using hand and power tools)
- Basic IT skills: word processing, spreadsheets, Point of Sale (POS), etc.
Other advantages of working at Geronimo Adventure Park:
- Learn from coworkers with years of global experience rock/ice climbing, mountaineering, backpacking, skiing/riding, kayaking, and mountain biking
- Make a difference in others’ lives. Many guests are first time outdoor adventurers and rely on us to enjoyably push their limits
- Learn and gain experience in career and general life skills that a typical service industry or retail job won’t provide
- Work and grow with a local small business
- Promotion opportunities, performance bonuses, and customer tips
- You must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
- You must be willing to undergo a background check as part of the hiring process.
This is an OUTDOOR job in TEXAS! This position requires a lot of outdoor physical activity.
This job is not for the faint of heart or those who prefer comfortable work indoors. It is for those who want to contribute to an organization with a passion for providing guests a memorable outdoor experience by challenging them with activities that require mental fortitude and physical prowess.