Geronimo Adventure Park
The Ground Host’s role is to ensure that every guest has an amazing and memorable experience. Grounds Hosts are responsible for providing safety and instructional information regarding the various activities at the park and assisting guests as they go through their personal adventure!
Start Date: ~01 June 2023
Starting Pay: $12 per hour
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist guests at check-in
- Facilitate team building games, challenges, and activities
- Setup and cleanup for parties and large groups
- Setup and takedown park activities and games
- Supervise use of the rock wall, ninja course, and other park activities
- Utilize Point of Sale (POS) systems
- Run cashier desk and support snack, drink, and souvenir purchases
- General maintenance and cleaning of facilities
- When not engaged with guests, will participate in general maintenance projects, including landscaping, maintenance, repairs, building, painting, etc.
Ground support for Adventure Guides (zipline guides)
- Put harnesses, helmets, and other gear on guests and inspect for proper fit
- Teach guests how to use equipment and traverse courses (from ground level)
- Conduct patrols and guide, encourage, and reassure guests throughout courses (from ground level)
Axe, Knife, and Ninja Star Throwing
- Provide basic orientation on safety rules and throwing techniques
- Teach and lead guests through fun competitive throwing games
- Monitor activity and adherence to safety rules
- Create a fun and engaging atmosphere
- Inspect, maintain, and perform repairs on the range and throwing equipment/tools
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Qualities we are looking for:
- A great attitude and spectacular work ethic
- High attention to detail, even when under stress
- Personal satisfaction providing others memorable experiences
- Professional and punctual, able to work under own initiative without continuous direct supervision
- Reliable method of transportation to work
- Personable, welcoming, compassionate, high energy, and fun!
Nice to have (not required) experience includes:
- Axe, knife, or ninja star throwing
- Any outdoor work or sports
- Customer service
- Public speaking/performances or instruction/training
- Working for a small business
- Carpentry and maintenance (using hand and power tools)
- Basic IT skills: word processing, spreadsheets, Point of Sale (POS), etc.
- First Aid / CPR certification
Other advantages of working at Geronimo Adventure Park:
- Learn from coworkers with years of global experience rock/ice climbing, mountaineering, backpacking, skiing/riding, kayaking, and mountain biking
- Make a difference in others’ lives. Many guests are first time outdoor adventurers and rely on us to enjoyably push their limits
- Work and grow with a local small business
- Promotion opportunities, performance bonuses, and customer tips. May also qualify to become an Adventure Guide if interested.
- You must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
- You must be willing to undergo a background check as part of the hiring process.
This is an OUTDOOR job in TEXAS! This position requires a lot of outdoor physical activity.
This job is not for the faint of heart or those who prefer comfortable work indoors. It is for those who want to contribute to an organization with a passion for providing guests a memorable outdoor experience by challenging them with activities that require mental fortitude and physical prowess.