BREAK AWAY FROM BORING, INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE, BE YOU!
Our Welcome Center team is the heart of our park. Our Welcome Center team members are information specialists, problem solvers, and the first smiles our guests see when entering the park. As a Customer Service Specialist, you are the front-line support for our guests and most importantly, you are part of their journey while pursuing their own personal adventure goals!
Start Date: ASAP
Starting Pay: $12 – $14 per hour
Please note that we are currently only looking for candidates who are available to work full Sunday shifts every week. Candidates for this position must have full availability on Sundays from between the hours of 8:30 AM (opening) until 7:30 PM (closing). Additional hours beyond Sundays are available (not mandatory) throughout the week.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Welcome and check-in guests
- Answer questions, book guests, and provide driving directions
- Sell merchandise and our unique adventure experiences
- Generate and close new leads
- Maintain and stock various merchandise/products
- Manage Point of Sale (POS) systems and money tills
- General administrative support such as research and creating, editing, and posting documents
- Write reports and complete various paper and electronic forms
- General office duties such as maintaining printers and other electronic devices
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the Welcome Center and the park
- Train other employees on all aspects of Welcome Center operations
- Assign tasks to other employees and monitor performance
- Provide basic first aid
- As necessary, may participate in general park maintenance projects, cleaning etc.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Training is provided and includes skills that complement administrative/clerk professionals. This includes:
- Sales, POS systems, and general park administration
- Reporting and data management
- Safety and risk management
- First Aid / CPR certification
- Instructing and coaching
Qualities we are looking for:
- An adventurous spirit and a passion for the outdoors
- Able to consistently work at least two of the three prime days (Fri, Sat, Sun) ~11:00 AM to ~6:00 PM
- Excellent customer service skills
- A great attitude and spectacular work ethic
- High attention to detail, even when under stress
- Personal satisfaction providing others unforgettable experiences
- Professional and punctual; able to work under own initiative without continuous direct supervision
- Basic IT skills: word processing, spreadsheets, Point of Sale (POS), etc.
- Knowledge of general customer support protocols and telephone etiquette
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and guests
- Reliable method of transportation to work
- Personable, welcoming, compassionate, high energy, and fun!
Nice to have (not required) experience includes:
- Any outdoor adventure sports, including climbing, hiking, camping, etc.
- Zip-lining, recreational climbing, or working at heights
- Welcome center, call center, or booking agent
- Retail, front desk, or administrative assistance
- Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, POS systems
- Working for a small business
Other advantages of working at Geronimo Adventure Park:
- Make a difference in others’ lives. Many guests are first time outdoor adventurers and rely on us to enjoyably push their limits
- Learn and gain experience in career and general life skills that a typical service industry or retail job won’t provide
- Work and grow with a local small business
- Promotion opportunities and customer tips
- Free park passes after a probationary period
- Learn from coworkers with years of global experience rock/ice climbing, mountaineering, backpacking, skiing/riding, kayaking, and mountain biking